Position: Sales Account Executive
Company: Federal Resources Corporation
Job Location: Remote
Start Date: January 1, 2019
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Required Education: Associates Degree
Required Experience: 5 to 20+ Years
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: IT - General, Sales - Technical, Sales - Outside
Federal Resources Corporation (FRC) is a small business Value-Added Reseller (VAR) of Information Technology based in Erie, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1998, FRC has a proven track record of delivering IT solutions and services across public sector and private sectors. In conjunction with our vendor partners and distributors, FRC offers products, solutions, and services to meet each agency’s IT Modernization needs.
Reports to: President
This is a customer facing field sales role ideal for a proven sales professional with a hunter mentality and direct contacts and experience in the Federal Information Technology Industry. The successful individual will have a proven track record of exceeding sales goals with 5 years of IT selling to Federal Civilian Agencies. You will be required to work in a collaborative manner with your customer base and generate annual sales against your plan.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Commissioned Sales Person responsible for an Annual Margin Quota
● Seeking someone from either the OEM or VAR community
● Identify new vendors relevant to your assigned accounts and bring them into the FRC portfolio
● Focus on developing and closing large, complex multi-year programs and projects
● Conduct your sales activities in full compliance with all procurement rules and regulations
● Ability to manage a dedicated sales territory comprised of medium to large enterprise accounts list.
● Demonstrated ability to put together comprehensive account plans and strategy
● Detailed understanding of all Federal Contracting and acquisition vehicles
● Familiar with existing industry CRM applications
● Understanding of federal budgets cycles and buying patterns
● Ability to navigate within public sources to identity government solicitations and opportunities
● Actively engaged in pipeline development, opportunity management/forecasting and demand generation
● Familiar with OEM business processes negotiating discount structures
● Ability to demonstrate strong presentation skills and lead customer facing meetings
● The ability to work effectively with or without dedicated management/mentor supervision
● Complete certifications in OEM training programs
● Demonstrated ability to communicate with vendors and customers in a professional and timely manner
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● 3-5 years of IT sales experience
● Previous government contracting/IT sales experience preferred
● Equivalent Military training and experience
● Sufficient phone skills as defined by, active listening skills, using the open ended question technique, courteous and conscientious mannerisms and technically literate language so as to support successful cold and warm calls
● Sufficient writing skills, demonstrated by the correct use of grammar, professional communication style and technically literate language so as to support successful e-mail introductions to customers, vendors and OEM counterparts
● Demonstrated success in multi tasked, high volume sales role as defined by accuracy, response rate and understanding of customer requirements
● BS/BA Degree in business or other related field and 3-5 years of experience OR
● Associate’s Degree in related field and 6+ years of experience and/or training, OR 7+ years of experience and/or training, OR An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Position requires remote work and travel up to approximately 70% of the time to customer sites and meetings.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Federal Resources Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any legally protected status.